Friday, September 3, 2010

F.A.T.

JT recently made the "Fitness Auxiliary Team" at the academy. And no, it's not a coincidence that the acronym for this organization is "FAT." The guys were tested for their body fat percentage, and if it was over 15, they were automatically on the team.

JT's was 16%.

So now he has to have his lunches checked out by the tactical staff. I think he even has to go to the Lion's Den to have them check it. He also will have to report what he ate on the weekends. So while we are still going to go on a "date night" Saturday, we may have to consider that veggie tofu grill instead of Applebee's.

Another guy dropped out. I hadn't really been counting but just for the record they are now down to eleven recruits (from fifteen). This guy dropped out because he failed a couple of tests and decided he couldn't do it. This is unfortunate, because ideally JT could have tutored him and helped him out. It's a shame he had to quit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been exercising as I should, but I am rejoicing that I dropped another two pounds and my figure's looking good! That's the nice thing about carting a baby around everywhere like I'm a single mom--she gets heavier, and I get lighter! ;)

The other day I was filling my gas tank and a stranger asked me for directions and then tried to hit on me. He said I was pretty. I think I blushed and said "thanks" and climbed hurriedly back in my car. It wasn't a big deal but I looked at it as a reason for rejoicing: If I am still attractive to some men, there's a chance my husband might still really be into me!

It's taken me six months, but I am slowly becoming more confident with my mommy bod. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not the least suprised that a stranger would flirt with you (not only because the absence of a man by your side does make you look like a hot single mom!), because you are beautiful! And you should really pat yourself on the back for everything you do - and still manage to look so good :) and as if it was so easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for date night! I wouldn't check Applebee's off just yet, they do have a weight watchers section that has some good food on it. But if you find the other things too tempting, maybe it could be skipped.
    P.S. I'm sure your husband is still really in to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete