Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Short Story: "Dunk-A-Cop"

I wanted to share my most recent story with all of you. It's about a cop. I hope maybe your and your spouses/significant others might relate. I was inspired to write this when I attended Relay For Life and saw the local police had set up a booth and a water tank and were inviting people to play "Dunk-A-Cop." I wanted to write about a police officer doing this, and convey him as a sympathetic, compassionate, giving person who also has a sense of humor and is willing to humiliate himself for a good cause. But he is also thinking about the lack of appreciation he gets from the community, and the various sorrows and disappointments he has been up against. I hope he comes through as a real human being, even though you only get a glimpse of him in 1000 words.

Here's the link:

http://52storiesin52weeks.tumblr.com/dunkacop

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was realllly good! touching and thought provoking...

    ReplyDelete